Monday, July 1, 2013

"Have An Enterprising Day"

Howdy Folks,

It's great to be back home, although a visit with our daughter and grandchildren can never really be long enough. Don't you find that true too? … We had a spectacular time, gosh do 7 and 5 year olds have a lot of energy!! A cook out Saturday night, sausage, peppers and onions on the grill, neighbors … and more children. Did you know those things they call "Super Soakers" hold about 20 gallons of water, and in the hands of 5, 6, 7, & 8 year olds can be very accurate?! Oh gosh, not a dry eye, or shirt was to be found on the patio ... Our grandbabies and I did manage to dry off for a few games of battleship.
Hannah, Ben and Grandpop playing Battleship
After the splashy cook out we retired to the house for a Star Trek "Enterprise" night. I'm Trekky, or Trekker, don't care what you call me as long as you call me in time for the show! A good friend of Abbie's is a big fan too and he brought all of season 2 (Enterprise) for a Star Trek party. The guests broke into 2 groups, those who care about Captain Archer, Trip, T'Pol and the rest, and those who are uninformed. The Enterprise series was cancelled way too soon, I personally think Scot Bakula made a terrific Captain, and as a prequel it had some mighty fine story lines, fine acting … and this series is tied in first place for my favorite of all the series with the "Next Generation" series …
To me, at the core of the Star Trek franchise, or universe, is how important it is to help each other, explore new ideas and set good examples. I like that.
Gene Roddenberry and the cast of Star Trek the original series at the space shuttle Enterprise
I borrowed the entire set of all 4 seasons of Star Trek Enterprise, so I might be a bit distracted this week, as I "Warp" through space and time. I told Kessy all about the episode I watched when Captain Archer's beagle Porthos got sick, and I think she was quite concerned. I know Saturday was listening.

Have an Enterprising Day!

Gitty Up ~ Dutch Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment