Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I called Annabelle..

Howdy Folks,

I called Annabelle this morning to tell her about yesterday's sighting here of the 2 Hermit Thrushes. Oh my, she was so happy to hear from me, and she said she'd never seen a Hermit Thrush. Of course I told her this was my first too. I told her the whole story about hearing them, "pip-pip-pip" and how Kessy and Saturday just had to tag along as I searched the tree branches for the mysterious "pippers" and dear Annabelle laughed so hard she said her sides hurt. So then I read her yesterday's blog and by golly she got a good laugh!

It's snowing a little today, up in PA where here nursing home is, and she said the bird feeders the staff put up outside her window is pretty busy. She told me she has House Finches, Nuthatches, Chickadees, Cardinals and even a Tufted Titmouse. She's so excited they finally positioned the feeders just right so she can see them without getting out of bed, which sometimes now is becoming a bother. I teased her and said she always loved those warm covers. Of course she sternly let me know she'd always been an early riser! I said yea, when she smelt the coffee brewing! That made her laugh good, too.

The nurses came and interrupted us, and Annabelle told them her sweety was on the phone and they'd need to come back, so we had a few more minutes of yakking and laughing. Together we remembered a time we went birding and saw a flock of Meadowlarks, the only time either of us had seen anything like that .... She told me to say hi to all her facebook & blog friends and wish you all good birding!

If you have a chance today, give a call to someone you think might enjoy a visit...

And Annabelle says, have fun today and here's hoping you see a good bird or two!

Gitty Up
Dutch Henry

1 comment: